Thursday, June 16, 2011

The First Letter!


June 14, 2011


Hey Mom! (and everyone else) I’m really sorry.... I’m fine! I wrote a letter to you guys the second day, but I couldn’t send it because it was the weekend... I sent it on Monday, so it should get there by today, maybe sooner... I don’t know. ANYWAY... I’m totally fine here in the MTC. The only problem I had was on the first night, because I couldn’t sleep very well, but that was expected. Other than that I am eating really well, sleeping well now.  I know you were probably really worried but just know that I’m doing fine. 

Mi companeros nobre es Elder Halser (notice my awesome spanish skills).  And like I said in my other letter he reminds me a lot of Jake Berlin.  He's from a small town just South of Portland, Oregon and he has a really strong spirit, which I love about him.  Hopefully he doesn’t fall down a hole and explode. Unfortunately, he didn’t watch much TV as a kid so I cant quote things as often to him... which is killing me hahaha. He is really clean and obedient which is going to keep me in check. 

My district and zone are amazing! I’m making a lot of new friends and loving the time I spend with them. Austin was right, it’s basically like a giant sleepover.... not that I would know what that’s like.... Oh and I was made District Leader last Thursday. I'm SO grateful for the opportunity to serve my district, and show them how much I love them.

Moms Questions: 1.Our room is good. It’s just me and Elder Hasler in there so we both got the bottom bunks. 2. My P-day is on Tuesdays so... today. 3. The white shirts you got me are great.  4. I do really miss you guys like crazy haha but ill be ok no worries!  5. I'm definitely balling it up in GYM time.

My Questions:  1. How are my other friends? Tell them to freaking write me!!  2. How are Grandma and Grandpa Thorpe? 3. How is Grandma Stewart?  I heard she was doing better and eating footlongs and stuff, but what does that mean for her? Uhhh... Please send me some pictures of you guys and junk.

I don’t know what else to say other than I love you and I know that Lord is blessing you for my service! I’ve seen God's love for me so many times since I’ve got here. Yesterday I was having a really hard day and I was struggling with the language and feeling a little discouraged. Then I got the mail, and saw letters from you, and one from Richie too haha, and i felt so blessed at that moment. I read your letters and cried (I’m trying not to cry now in front of everyone in here haha). Thank you SO much for helping me get by. 

I’m really sorry I wish I could send some pictures with this email but I’m running out of time... I will do it next time though for sure! I love you guys so much! Please keep writing me, because you never know when I need help.  Tell everyone I say Hi! I love the Lord. I love my Family. And I love being a missionary

Elder Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment