Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Letter 27


December 19, 2011


Hola
Corpus Christi is definitely different than Laredo! There are SO many white people here... I feel weird. I miss the "Mexican" culture. But Corpus is cool. I think I'll like it here. My area is HUGE though... and guess what? I’m still on a bike! Darn Elder Vance lied to me and said I would be in a car... but no.... I’m on a bike in an area that’s like 8 miles long. I'll be so ripped at the end of these two years. In a way it’s good because I find that I’m eating a lot more here in Corpus. We've already had like 3 meal appointments. Hopefully I won’t get fat... I’m still sitting at my regular 160 lbs.

I saw Elder Peterson down in McAllen and I snuck up behind him and put my hands over his eyes. He started to freak out, "No way ELDER STEWART!!" hahaha we tenderly embraced and he asked me where I was going. I said,"Corpus Christi! What about you?" then he said,"IM GOIN TO CORPUS CHRISTI TOO!" We embraced again. I couldn’t believe it! What a blessing. The whole ride up to Corpus we talked.... I felt like I was breaking a rule talking with my friend. He's not in my district but I'll still see him on P-days I think. I’m planning on playing basketball with him today! It’s so crazy!!

Elder Wilde and I are getting along great. We're two peas in a pod. I really expect great things out of our companionship. Tomorrow we are teaching in a community center at an apartment complex. There should be a good show of people. I can’t even imagine teaching 20 people at the same time! It’s pretty awesome. Hopefully we don’t blow it! We're teaching about prophets and how God has always given us a prophet to lead and guide us. I think it’s going to be really good. Wish us luck!

I’m planning on taking my picture with Santa today... hopefully. Everybody that I talk to about it thinks that it’s weird that we do that every year... I tell them that it’s a tradition that's been going on for the last 25 years... but they still don’t seem to care. Hopefully it will all work out and I can get you the picture.

Nope I haven’t gotten my packages yet. But the apartment complex that we are in is cool and holds them for us. So no need to worry about theives.

I'll be calling home at 1:00 on Sunday Utah time. So just be waiting for that! I can’t wait to talk to you!

I love you all and I'll talk to you soon! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

-Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment