Friday, May 11, 2012

Letter 46

May 7, 2012

Hola!

Haha that’s so funny that Austin has been watching Lord of the Rings... because I just barely had a sudden desire to watch it! We have MoTab's "Showtime" CD and they have a Lord of the Rings song on there. Remember when they sang it at Priesthood session? Oh my goodness... it was beautiful. That darn little Catholic School Boy sure had some pipes. Elder Curletti and I were listening to it today on the way over to pick up the other elders and he made the comment that he imagines the Lord of the Rings song playing when the battle of Armagedon is over and he’s standing on the battlefield holding the Title of Liberty while walking into the sunset. I obviously agreed. That CD also has The Circle of Life on there sung by Alex Boye’ and it is THE BEST SONG IN THE WORLD. Elder Curletti and I were singing our hearts out, once again while we were heading to pick up the other elders. I felt the spirit.

This week was pretty awesome. The last few weeks we have been struggling to find. We were going by members, knocking on doors, talking with everyone that we could, and no one was interested. I was SUPER discouraged. I really was lacking in faith and I felt bad because it was also affecting Elder Curletti. He even told me to try and be a little more positive. SO... Friday I fasted all day to have the faith to find. And it worked. The next day I was happy and energetic. We were talking with everyone that we could. Then we found Maggie. We had planned on going by Jesse and Krystal’s, but they weren’t home so we decided to knock around a bit... so we knocked on the apartment next to them and found Krystal's cousin, Maggie that lives there. We contacted her and then invited her to church and she accepted. So the next day, Sunday, Maggie came to Church with Jesse and Krystal and had a great time! We had a lesson with her that night at Jesse and Krystal's set a fecha for her to be baptized on June 3rd! It was great! She really is and awesome girl. And now E. Curletti and I have some ganas to move the work forward in Donna!

Also in Church Jesse received the Priesthood and he and Krystal got callings!! haha I was SO excited! Every time I see them in church I see them progress. Krystal is going to be a primary teacher and Jesse is going to be the guy that rings the bell! Haha I'm so happy for them!

This week I have a 2 day leadership training over in McAllen for Trainers, District Leaders, and Zone Leaders on Wednesday and Thursday; so my son is going to be taking over the area with Elder Ferrel. It’s going to be great! I'm going to get to see a bunch of my friends in the mission that I haven’t seen in forever, like Elder Hunt!

Yeah mom you can definitely send me some CTR rings in Spanish tambien. Muchisimo gracias!

I will probably call you on Friday to set up the call for Saturday or Sunday.

I love you and I can’t wait to see all the changes that you all are making to the house! Keep up the good work! Also It’s good to hear that you’re sending letters to my good ol’ buddy Elder Brown all the way over there in Chile! He's a great kid and I love him and his family. Good luck at the Price is Right Auntie Tye!

I love you all and I hope you have a great week! Good luck on your tests Madi!

-Elder Jordan Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment