Sunday, November 18, 2012

Letter 70

November 12, 2012
Hola Ya'll!
Sounds like it’s a little chilly there in Utah! Gee wiz... its pretty cold down here too! hahaha its only like 63 degrees but I've gotten climatized already! I'm gonna die next winter for sure!!
I just wanted to say that I'm thankful for my awesome friends out there serving their missions. Like Elder Brown says we truly are an army of missionaries! We're so lucky to have grown up together and strengthened each other over the years. And mom it warms my heart to see that you and Auntie Tye are such good friends now too! I love that woman! You should do one of those missionary mom nights again and send us pictures of it. That would be cool.
Well it looks like I'll be staying in good ol' Edinburg for another Transfer just like I thought I would! Elder Aguilar and I found out the last day of leadership training. He's going to be a District Leader in my greenie area in Laredo! I'm super stoked for him. I told him to say hello to the Illecas family for me :). Oh also Elder Hunt goes home today! If you run into him tell him hi from his lil’ pal Stewie!
Well this week Elder Williams and I had a little trouble working together because of the Leadership Conference, but we still managed to see some improvement in our area. I learned so many helpful principles that are really going to help me with my area, and now the District. I feel more prepared now to take over the District and help all of us reach our potential. I have Elder Wilding and Elder Hardin (he came out with me and is from Ohio. He's really funny and reminds me of Austin so we get a long), and a companionship of sisters in my district. I have my first district meeting tomorrow so wish me luck!
This week Elder Williams and I found a lot of referrals and have set up some really good things for this next week. We recieved a referral from a recent convert for one of his neighbors that he used to live by. She is really nice and we should have a lesson with her tomorrow and invite her to be baptized. We also received a referral for a LA/PM family that we didn’t know about and helped them come to church this Sunday. The husband isn’t a member and from what we've learned he isn’t quite humble enough to start to listen. He has met with missionaries before (about 11 other sets!) so he knows practically everything, so we decided to introduce the BoM and how he could know these things are true, but he said he wasn’t willing to pray to know :(. But he knows what he needs to do now.

SO... the guy that pulled us over in the truck wasn’t as repentant as he needed to be. So we've dropped him. BUT I know the Lord answers prayers for sure now because this last Wednesday we were riding our bikes down a little street when ANOTHER guy pulled us over! He asked us if we wanted some water. He was in the middle of the road and blocking traffic. I thought it was a little sketchy but Elder Williams already agreed so we followed him to his apartment and he got us some water. Come to find out he had talked to missionaries in the past but lost track of them and he wanted us to say a prayer for him before he left to work in the oil fields and set up an appointment to come back later. So we offered to give him a blessing, which we did, gave him a Book of Mormon and a Gospel Pamphlet and told him to read it while he was gone and we set up an appointment for this Wed. We're really excited to see where that goes.

The Beltrans came to church this week. They booked it out of there as soon as it was over though... so we didn’t get a chance to help them mingle with the members. We're planning on following up today. They're being a little bit chiflado (spoiled) so we need to lay the law down if you know what I mean…

Bro Alvarado is back in town this week so our goal will be to help him get a spiritual confirmation of the BoM and the church. He knows its true... we just need to teach to his needs and discern what he needs to accept it. He's such a great guy and we've gotten to be really good friends. He drove us to get our bikes at someone's house once and we just talked in his truck about this and that. I really want to see him get baptized.

I can’t think of anything right now to put in my Christmas Package... but I'll write some things down and let you know next week!
I love you and hope you all have a great week!
Con Amor,
Elder Jordan Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment