Monday, November 26, 2012

Letter 72


November 26, 2012

Hey Everyone!

It sounds like everyone had a great Thanksgiving! (Austin your mustache looks GROOOSSS...) My Thanksgiving was good as well. We ate three different times! hahaha I told you mom the members love the missionaries! First our lider misional del barrio fed us, then we ate at another member's home, then we finished off our night eating at a recent convert's (who is a professional chef) home! It was the first time that I actually liked the stuffing! It was all pretty American too. We had some choco-flan though :)

I can’t believe all my friends are getting married! If you can I would love to see some pictures of their weddings! And Shae is engaged too huh? Shoot... that’s one lucky guy! Well I guess if Shayla doesn’t get married she'll get to be our only friend when we get home and she can take her pick! hahaha

For my package... I would love some like material ties. Not silk haha. I love those cotton ties. Plaid is always good. I like blue, yellow, turquoise, etc. And I like to eat at Subway. I'm trying to get into shape so I don’t need a bunch of fast food cards haha. Pictures would be nice! I'll send you my card and some pictures in my package home... SO QUIT ASKING!! hahaha jk I love you :) Hmmm... I would like a new watch (like a rubber one). You can have Austin pick it out. What would you all like for Christmas?! I still have a little room in my box! Just let me know and I'll pick out something “REEEAALLL nice for ya”. "Can't see the line, can ya Russ?" (Quotes from Christmas Vacation) Speaking of Christmas I whipped out that little dorky Christmas tree last night and it really brought the Christmas Spirit into our home. We were singing Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" haha and it reminded me of singing Christmas songs with my best buds back home! Shoot... ok can’t get trunky! Love you boys! Keep serving the Lord! Everyday is a GREAT day to be a missionary!  I love this work so much and I don’t want it to ever end. These last 6 months is the time to shine!

This week was great for our district! We're starting to pick it up. The North Elders had a baptism this week and new investigators are coming out of the woodwork for them. Elder Williams and I are working well with the members in our wards and we were able to get 7 MP this week which is the highest its been in a LONG time, not to mention we've seen a lot of prepared people enter into our teaching pool.

The Beltran family was gone ALL week so we weren't able to teach them at all... I'm not sure what were going to do with them. The husband is more interested than she is and is ready to make the commitment and be baptized, but I doubt he would do it without his wife, and right now she isn’t ready. I guess we'll see what happens.

The man we found last week, Mario, is doing really well! He's committed to his baptism and is really excited. We taught him the Restoration and it answered a lot of his questions and he's committed to the Word of Wisdom. The only thing that might stop him is the Law of Chastity but we're planning on taking care of that this week. He's trying to share the gospel with his family already and his daughter Gina came to church yesterday and loved it. She also attended a baptismal service after! One of his other daughters lives in the sister’s area so hopefully that will help them as well!

Frank is doing ok. He wants to be baptized and so does his girlfriend but he didn’t come to church this week because he went to talk to his dad and make up with him and she was working (she's super busy). AND they need to get married! Geez... the things we need to do for people!

Hno. Alvarado was gone this week working so we'll see him this week. He's still looking for his answer...

Elder Williams is doing really well. He's starting to speak more and take a larger role in the lessons. The more we role play and practice our lessons the better he does. We're in week 9 of the 12 week program already! Boy does time fly!

Other than that the work is going great! We received a lot of referrals this week and we're visiting one tonight in a member's home so hopefully that goes well!

I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week! (Shave your mustache Austin!)

love,

Elder Jordan Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment