Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Letter 76

December 26, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas this year! Its kind of weird writing you when I already talked to you like... yesterday. Pero ni modo.... did I sound different on the phone? Any more mature? Probably not... I really enjoyed hearing all of your voices though and I think this call was indeed better than last year. I'm looking forward to being able to talk to you all... on another time. You all sound pretty much like your same old selves. Chase working, Austin with a rat tail celebrating his half birthday, Madi saying literally too much, and mom and dad just asking a million questions. I love you all so much and couldnt ask for a better family!   Austin how is it that you gave away some of your Christmas? You mentioned something about it but I didnt get the full story. Oh and Chase thanks for those pictures! hahaha I did indeed enjoy them. "Please sir, no touching of the dog." I like to imagine the monkey with a British accent. ANYWAY just know I love you all!! 

This week was a rough one. The District and pretty much our whole zone has been struggling with Finding for the past few weeks. Elder Hasler and Elder Harris our Zone Leaders decided to have a meeting with Elder Lowrey (the other DL in the Zone) and I to discuss what we can do to help the Zone to find for this last week of January. We brainstormed some ideas and I think that we have come up with a plan that is really going to help us to reach our goals. I've come to learn in these last few weeks that when we start to feel overwhelmed and like everything isnt going right the best thing to do is to take a few steps back and make some goals. Hopefully these new plans will help the Zone pick up the animo!

With the holidays it has been really hard to get solid appointments with people, so our new investigators this week suffered a lot. We have a lot of great potential investigators, but this week we need to convert them to investigators and get them progressing towards that specific date. Not to mention all of the referrals that we received this week. So this week I hope will be a "harvesting" week for our area.

I'm not getting down on myself or anything like that! I'm just still getting use to being a District Leader and having all of these new responsibilities.  It definitely takes a lot of work and concentration, but I know that the Lord will qualify me if I do all that I can. Sometimes I just think that I need to be doing a little more. Now that the craziness of the holidays is over though I'm sure we'll get back into the regular flow of things and progress! Back to my schedule... haha sometimes I feel like I'm autistic... cause I go crazy when I'm off my schedule. haha.

I hope you all have a great week and I'll talk to you on monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment