Sunday, February 17, 2013

Letter 83


February 11, 2013

HOLA MIS QUERIDOS!
I'm writing you from the library in beautiful Brownsville! Before I start I just want to say how crazy it is that all of my friends are coming home! Thanks for sending those pictures mom. It's so good to see my friends. They have been and continue to be such amazing examples. I love them all so much! Keep up the great work Elders (for those of you that are still in the field)! For those of you that are home... don’t get married too quickly now :) wait for your pal j-stew! That’s great to hear that JaNae and Kenzie are both serving missions as well. Tell them that I'm proud! Oh and I'm really excited to hear that Shayla sent her letter haha I've been pretty bad at writing her back and I'm glad to hear that she's still willing to write her ol’ pal Elder Stewart back.
I guess now I better answer some of my mommy's questions:
Elder Hobbs is a great Elder and I'm grateful to have him for a companion. He came out with Elder Williams and was in his district in the MTC. He's from Weber, UT. He played football and baseball in high school and he's a mormon haha. He has a sincere desire to improve and has grown a lot this last transfer. His last companion was finishing his mission and kinda "died hard". I think Elder Hobbs grateful that I'm here now so he doesn’t have to carry as much of the load. I know together we'll see success. Our apartment is pretty nice. I'm definitely going to do some work on it to get it up to my standard of living haha. It’s like the apartment I had in Corpus, except instead of ants it has.... cockroaches! Not too many, but still. Overall it’s a pretty good place. Brownsville is a lot more tropical than I thought it would be. Its pretty humid compared to Edinburg, because of the Rio and the Gulf of Mexico, but it’s really green and has a bunch of resacas (manmade ponds) everywhere. My area is called Country Club, and its one of the richer areas... so there are some pretty gigante houses. We don’t have any progressing investigators yet, but that will change soon. My district consists of 4 companionships: mine, a set of elders, and 2 sets of sisters. I'm looking forward to working with all of them. ACTUALLY something crazy happened this Transfer and ALL of the senior comps in my district were switched out! So the junior companions have a lot of work to do to show us newbies around! But we have some great missionaries here and they have a great fire to work. That’s exactly what all of our areas need.
This week I'll be going back up to McAllen for a leadership conference so that’s awesome too!
Well that’s all I have time for. I'll be sure to write you all some more of my experiences here in Brownsville next week! LOVE YOUUUUU!
-Elder Jordan Stewart



No comments:

Post a Comment