Monday, April 2, 2012

Letter 42

April 2, 2012


Hey Everyone!


You gotta love that Utah weather! Boy I wish I could have some dry heat right about now! "The Rains" ,as E.Doxey says, came. Actually there was a pretty crazy storm on Thursday and it like DESTROYED McAllen. Over here in Donna we just got some thunder and lightning with some rain, but they had hail the size of golf balls! The Zone Leaders called us on Friday morning and said that President wants everyone that has miles on their cars to come down and help clean up the neighborhood. So, all four zones in the Valley came and helped clean up! It was crazy! While we were driving into McAllen we just whipped out our cameras to take pics of all the destruction! Signs from businesses were just stripped off of the buildings from all the hail. President Trayners house was a mess. All of his windows were broken and his roof was oh so broken. It was nuts! Apparently a tornado touched down too! I was really awesome to help people clean up their lawns and drive ways. They all were really grateful and said,"Wow! You guys sure got here fast!" haha. But now... its super humid and in the upper 80"s. So that stinks.


I'm sorry to hear about Mike King’s mom. That really is sad. I pray that everything will be all right and that Michael can still get back out into the mission field.


This week was less than productive for Elder Rightmier and I. A lot of things just didn’t go our way. We had all the things we needed going for us at the beginning of the week to reach our goals, but as the week went along everything just fell apart. I think the Lord was humbling us and preparing us for the lessons we would learn at conference.


Speaking of Conference it was amazing. It was just what I needed after such a crappy week. It really couldn’t have come at a better time. They were sure hitting home with the Family this year right? At least that’s what I got. I really loved Elder Bednar's talk on the difference between the Authority and the Power of the Priesthood. I am so grateful to have a father that not only has the authority of the priesthood, but he honors that authority and fulfills his callings in the Church. Dad you are my hero and I love you. I hope that one day I can be as good of an example to my sons and you are to me. Mom, thank you for creating a spiritual environment in our home so that we could grow and learn the gospel at a young age. I hope I can marry someone as kind and loving and as beautiful as you. I love you. I feel embarrassed because I am crying in the computer lab.... so... I'll stop. Haha the other message that I got from Conference is that there is a difference between being in the Church and Living the Gospel. Its not enough to know the doctrine of the church, we need to live it. It needs to become a part of us. I just LOVE Conference. Never before have I gotten so much out of it. I have NO doubt in my mind that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God. All Apostles and General Authorities are called of God, and we need to listen to them and live our lives as disciples of Jesus Christ, not just as members of his church.
Bad news this week…. Our family of four, The Zarzoza's, fell through. Her husband told her that she and their girls can't talk to us any more or go to church or get baptized. I was so mad! She has a testimony of the church; of Joseph Smith, of the Book of Mormon, even modern day prophets! And because of the ego of her "Catholic" husband, she and her daughters are going to miss out on the saving ordinance of baptism. It really isn't fair that some ignorant people have to ruin it for their families. I pray that his heart will be softened and one day they can be baptized. They are a beautiful family... except the husband - He's mean.


Elder Rightmier and I need to work harder. Our studies have been lacking and our finding efforts need to be improved. We have set personal and companionship goals and I will hold us to them. This week we have lowered our goals a little. We are basically starting from scratch, but I know that if we work hard and have faith that prepared people will be put in our path, they will be.


In my package could you send: Walter Rayne Paintings! I love his church art work and if you can get me like a bunch of his stuff I would love you. ummmm... I can’t think of anything else. I have enough ties don’t worry about that. I’m actually probably going to be sending some home. I need to write things down so I can remember.


Well I can’t think of anything else... I'm going to send some pictures now ok? haha Your Welcome!


-Elder Stewart


PS-Happy Birthday to my Grandpas! I love you both!


Elder Doxey: I sent a letter to you a little over 3 weeks ago... BUT... I think I goofed on the stamps. Someone told me I could just slap 2 good ol’ USA stamps on there and call it good. So that’s what I did. But I think I need some international stamps. That could be the reason why you haven’t gotten it yet. Ooooops. Also Happy Birfday!



No comments:

Post a Comment