Monday, August 6, 2012

Letter 57

August 6, 2012

Hello everyone!

This week was another tough one unfortunately. Elder Montiel and I hardly found any new investigators. BUT there were a lot of lessons learned! That’s what I like about difficulties (haha its hard to imagine actually liking hard times) that if you have the maturity and mindset you can always get a lesson out of it. Mistakes are only mistakes if you don’t learn from them. E. Montiel and I are learning A LOT!

Many of the investigators that we found last week fell. The referral we received from Pres. Villegas fell tambien. She didn’t come to church and her baptismal date will have to be changed. But hopefully we can get her back this week along with a few of the others and new ones! We got some good referrals this week so we're looking forward to that!

I haven’t tried the BOROX thing yet but I'm buying some today and those roaches WILL DIE! We're almost out of Raid...

I was writing in my study journal today about what has been going on in our area and my mind was drawn to the Nephites in the Book of Mormon. Why were they destroyed? Why didn’t they remember the things that Christ and the prophets had told them? How could a people as great as them degenerate into such a savage civilization? While I was thinking of these things I remembered 2 Nephi 25:26 where it says, "and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." The only way they could help themselves remember the Lord and His commandments was by writing them down. No wonder we are encouraged to keep a journal... because THEY did! Can you imagine what would have happened if they didn’t keep a record? We wouldn’t have the scriptures! We wouldn’t be able to progress without records! I want to progress. I am sick and tired of ruts! I want to keep doing better instead of falling down, but I can’t build upon a foundation that just melts away with each passing day. I need to solidify the things that I have learned (my foundation) then and only then will I be able to progress. So I have made it a goal to write in my journal everyday about the lessons that I have learned. I encourage all of you that read this to go buy a journal and start your own record so you can remember and move forward as well.

Tonight we have a Noche de Hogar en la capilla. Hopefully we'll see lots of less active members and some investies there. The missionaries are in charge of the games! So that should be fun!

I filled up that memory card that you sent me. That’s why I wanted a new one, but maybe I'll just send it home and you can send it back.

Sorry this is a lame email but I spent a lot of time emailing President Trayner. I have to go though! I love you!

-Elder Jordan Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment