Monday, August 20, 2012

Letter 59


August 20, 2012

Hey Everyone!

It sounds like this week was pretty busy with all the changes going on in the Stewart family... Well except for Chase and Austin.. I don’t really hear very much about those two anymore haha. That’s nuts that Madi is moving up to college this week! Freak... She’s OLD! I can’t even believe she had a job! Now you want her to go and get a calling in her singles ward!? SHE'S JUST A BABY! haha don’t cry mom... soon enough you'll have me home to comfort you and then I'll convince Austin to move back in and then we'll never leave.

That is too bad Max Hill broke his leg in the first game... and against Lehi! Man... If you see him tell him I send my regards. Also tell Hannah Hill congratulations! Wow that’s so awesome she’s getting married! I'm really happy for her. That’s a great family right there.

BORAX and sugar did not work!! We found some Borax last Monday and made the mix and sprinkled it like it was hot ALL OVER the apartment. If cucarachas could laugh... they would. Gee wiz... I saw a roach on the table and BURRIED it in the stuff. 10 seconds later the little fella digs himself out and runs away unscathed! Maybe we didn’t mix it right or apply it right.... or maybe these roaches are some strange super breed... but either way we felt pretty foolish. We told the landlord and he sent a fumigator to the apartment and that worked a little better. We've started to see the results. But as for the Borax... I just use it in my laundry now. Thanks anyway though!

Well this week in Las Lomas we had a better week. We focused a lot on our goals, especially our daily goals. I can tell you that focusing centering our goals in our plans made all the difference. If something didn’t point to one of the goals we had that day, then we questioned whether or not it was worth our time. We were trying very hard to help God's children and each number was specifically attached with a name. It was a pretty good week with some new investigators and a pretty amazing spike in Member Presents... it’s amazing what you can do once you actually find solid investigators. BUT... Elder Montiel and I still struggled to get them to church. Only one of the 6 investigators we have, Rosa, was up and ready for church and waiting for her ride... THEN her sobrina from Houston stopped by to visit unexpectedly on her way to Mexico. She called and told us she couldn’t make it but she would come for sure the next Sunday... Rosa is a really awesome lady and I'm sure she will be baptized, we just need her to understand that church is essential. 

We also received a nice referral from a contact, for single mother who just lost her new born baby. We spent almost 2 days trying to find her and finally we sat down to talk. She is very humble and I think she realizes that this is a sign that she needs to come closer to her Heavenly Father. We bore testimony that her baby was safe and happy and he is waiting for them and that its now her responsibility to help the rest of her family do the things they need to be with him. She committed to be baptized and to learn more. Unfortunately she didn’t come to church and we don’t know why. I have a feeling it has something to do with her family. I'm actually like 99% sure. But we'll take care of it.

Well... first I would like to apologize for the short letter last week. I spent alot of time emailing President Trayner. I totally for got to tell you that I was getting transferred this week! haha OOPS! Yeah Elder Montiel found out last week that he was Training a new missionary so we knew that one of us was going to be transferred we just didn’t know who. And then we found out on Friday that it was yours truly! SO... tomorrow I'm being sent to Edinburg to work with Elder Egly. I've met him once and he’s a good kid with really sweet spirit. I'm excited to work with him. And I've always wanted to work in Edinburg. I've heard really good things about the members and the work there! SO I’M EXCITED! Sorry I didn’t tell you hahaha.

I think that’s pretty much it for now. I think we're going to play soccer today with the zone so I might need to spend some money to buy some soccer/running shoes! iQue tengan una buena semana y espero que ya sepan que les amo!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Jordan Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment