Monday, August 27, 2012

Letter 60


August 27, 2012

Dearest Family!

I'm not going to lie I was a little disappointed that I was leaving Rio Grande at first but I definitely felt that it was time for a change. Haha I didn’t see ANY drugs in Rio Grande. I knew they were there... and I probably talked with a lot of people that dealt them/used them, but I never saw any haha.

I absolutely love my new area! I live in a NICE 4 man apartment and I am on the bicicleta again! Thank goodness... I'm not really gaining any weight... but I have lost basically all my muscle and am starting to develop a little pancita (or as Elder Doxey calls it, a gut). The other Elders in my apartment are Elder Aguilar (District Leader) and Elder Wilding (greenie). I have the most time in the mission in the apartment and I feel WAY OLD! We all get a long super great. I have come to see we are really service oriented in our apartment and that really helps to better relationships. I love it. The Spirit is so strong here. I have been in a good mood ever since I got here. I know that this is where I need to be and that Elder Eggli and I will have a lot of success together. I'm not sure exactly what social thing it is, but he's a great guy and I love him and I'm learning a lot about humility and kindness from him. He has the sweetest spirit.  I know that I am suppose to be here in Edinburg right now at this time. I've adjusted really well and Elder Eggli and I are working hard to find those prepared people in our area. We already have a few pretty solid investigators.

Samantha Garcia is a 20 year old college student that got into contact with us after she saw her friend's homecoming talk in McAllen. She told us that she felt the Spirit really strong there and wanted to find out how she can come closer to God. We have taught her everyday this weekend. We gave her a church tour, set a BD for the 23rd of Sept., she's completing reading assignments, and she came to church! AND she brought a friend, Elena, who also is preparing to be baptized on the same date! They both are really in tune with the Spirit and are progressing really well.  We also found a man, Thomas, that has a really strong desire to come to church and he really wants to be baptized just like Jesus Christ. He mentioned that one time while he was working up north he saw someone getting baptized in a river and he felt really good inside. We asked him if he wanted to be baptized the same way and he accepted. He couldn’t make it to church this week because his son was late picking him up, but I'm sure he'll be there next week!

That’s crazy that everyone is moved out of the house! I'm sorry.... haha how are Austin and Chase? I never hear stories about them anymore? Do you all still talk?! Also... When did you say that you were doing a front porch?! This is news to the ears of Elder Stewart! Man... keepin secrets from the kid on a mission. pshhh... I bet Chase and Austin have girl friends too and your just not tellin me! Hahaha nah.... That couldn’t happen. jk jk Happy Birthday Dad! You're the best!

I got a letter from Elder Rick J. Doxey this week which was very nice. I'll have a letter brewing for you today! I'll try to get one to Elder Brown as well for his birfday! Probably wont make it on time though... so Happy Birthday!

I love you all family and I am so happy to be a missionary right now! I hope you all have a great week!
-Elder Jordan Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment