Monday, May 20, 2013

Letter 96

FYI - JORDAN COMES HOME ON Wednesday, June 5th!!! He will be reporting on his mission on Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. in the chapel at 865 W. 1000 N. in Oremwith refreshments after at Jordan's home.  We previously announced that he would speaking on the 23rd however due to some scheduling conflicts it was moved to JUNE 30TH @ 9 A.M.  

May 20, 2013

 

Hello Everyone!

 

This week was a great one as all weeks are when you're serving the Lord! But before I get into details we need to cover the business part of the letter.

 

First off I would like to wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beloved mom. How old are you again Mom? OLD! Not as old as Dad though. You look great Mom. The people I show your picture to all say you look beautiful! They just say Dad is big and tall haha. Hope you had a good one Mommy!

 

Next... I dont really care about my homecoming talk date. haha Either one of those times sounds great to me. Just do whatever is easiest for everyone else in the family. Either way I'll have to talk it doesn’t matter to me... but if people would like to come I think you should ask them hahaha. I'll be there :)

 

I'm glad that you liked that drawing that I sent you, but I would hold off on selling it to anyone haha I actually patterned it from a Greg Olsen painting that's in one of our pamphlets. I'm actually thinking about doing some artwork and entering into the Church’s art competition and see if I do well enough that they would buy some of my work. I think it would be cool to be a Church artist. Maybe?

 

Hey Elder Porter (Caleb's cousin) says hi and that he loves you... weird. Haha he's a really cool guy. I think he's going to Utah State when he goes back.

 

I don’t know if you need to send another package... I mean you can if you want. Like always I never know what to ask you for so I guess... whatever works haha. As long as it ships well! haha jk how about some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?! I love those! If you can, put some plain oatmeal cookies in there too. Like Dad and I like. Thank you! Loves.

 

Anyway... This week is great. I love being missionary and seeing the joy the Gospel brings in the eyes of the people we teach. The Velasquez family is doing well.  This week we got their marriage license and this Saturday they'll be getting married. It’s really sad though. All week the Brother and Sister Velasquez were inviting their families to the wedding and none of them wanted to go! Its so sad to see how pride can have such a strong hold on a person's heart that they can refuse to understand and hurt the people they care the most about. They were able to get his brother to come though and they're excited about that. Elder Nielson and I are super excited for them too. I'm always telling them how much I love them and how much God loves them. They really appreciate it. This week we are just working on getting them ready for their interview and especially help their kids.

 

We were also able to bring another family to church that a member referred us too who are SUPER nice and they came to a baptism as well. GREAT potential!

 

Thanks for everything! Unfortunately that’s all I have time for! I love you and hope you all have a great week!     -Elder Jordan Stewart

 

No comments:

Post a Comment