Monday, October 22, 2012

Letter 67


10/22/12

Hey Everyone!

WOW... The house looks great! Ya'll are crazy! haha it looks like Extreme Home Makeover! I'm going to get lost when I get home. haha.

Hey did Madi get my letter last week? The pictures are for everyone and I have more that I'm going to send in my package to ya'll, but is there anything that you want in it? I feel bad because I'm basically just sending all my extra stuff home that I can’t carry anymore. I'm actually probably going to buy a new memory card for my camera too... They only cost like 12 bucks and I'm not taking very many pictures because I'm afraid to take up all my memory. I actually have filled it up a few times and I had to erase some pictures to make room. So if you see something on my debit card.. that’s it. If it’s really big... that’s the package. Hopefully within the next two weeks I'll get it out.

I'm so sorry to hear about Bro. McCandless! That’s so shocking to me that that would happen. Tell him I love him and tell his family that I'll be praying for him!

That’s so cool that you got to see Trent! Tell him to write me a letter if he can! I would love that! I don’t know what to ask for in the package... sorry.

This week was pretty tough, but a lot of lessons were learned. I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed with training and having to keep up with the investigators that we've been teaching along with FINDING new investigators to teach, but I know that if I just do the very best I can and leave it in the Lords hands then Elder Williams and I will be blessed. I think I've been leaning a little too much on my own understanding instead of trusting in God for my support. I'm really trying to find out everything that I need to do to be better and really master myself. Elder Williams is helping me out a lot because as I teach him I find my own flaws and make goals to try to be better. Elder Williams still needs a little more confidence talking with people and knowing what to say, but we're workin’ on it! He's a great elder and has tons of potential!

Our investigator Ana is not progressing. She didn’t come to church yesterday. We're going to have to have a drop lesson with her this week and see if that will jump start her into keeping her commitments. I know that the Lord will help us to be bold and loving. I really do love her and want her to progress... I think that we have been pushing her rather than guiding her to her Baptismal Date and that has been putting a lot of pressure on her. We're really going to focus on teaching to her needs.

We did, however, have a small family that we found last week come to church, the Beltrans. They are really humble people and are looking for help and guidance. I was so happy to see them at church! They came late because they had to get their kids ready so they missed Sacrament, but when they got there they headed straight for the classes! The kids were crying, but they just threw 'em into the Primary and went to Gospel Principles! They're already pros! We'll be seeing them tonight!

We're teaching a referral that we received by some really active members in our area. Her name is Amber. She's super smart and is working on getting her Doc. Degree. She is actually too smart and analytical for her own good! When we try to teach her she says, "Oh, that would be nice. Its possible, but not probable..." Ughhh... I don’t know what to do with her. I think she really lacks that sincere desire, real intent, and faith necessary.

We found a PM family this week that is really cool. The wife is a LA member that is coming back to church and the husband has investigated the church before. He works in the Oil Fields so it might be hard to teach him, but I think he has a real desire to know. They just had a baby and he wants her to grow up without the confusion of two religions in the home. He is also really good friends with some members of the ward so we already have the fellowship. He just needs an answer.

Anyway I love you all and I hope you have a great week this week. The work is going on here in Edinburg and will continue to go on! The Church is True!

Love-Elder Jordan Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment