Monday, October 15, 2012

Letter 66


October 15, 2012

Hey Ya'll!

Everything is going SO great here in good ol' Edinburg! Elder Williams and I have been working hard looking for new investigators and overcoming our personal weaknesses! Time is ticking down for me as a missionary and I need to do all I can to make the most of my time!

Mom's Questions: I'm feeling a whole lot better thanks for asking. The thing I bought for 68$ was an electric razor.... I needed one so I can have a man face. haha nah I just want to be obedient and shave every day and its tough getting out the ol' regular razor and shaving cream. I hope you’re not mad. I can’t send pictures because I lost the card reader... I hope you’re not mad for that either.... I'm trying to get that package to you as soon as I can!

Elder Williams is doing great. He has such a great desire to help in this work. The only thing that he really needs is confidence. We were teaching a lesson earlier this week and which led to baptism and when it was time to invite the person to be baptized Elder Williams wasn’t able to get the words out. Since then we have talked together and Elder Aguilar had a comp study with us about inviting people and being bold and I think that has really helped him. I really want to help Elder Williams be the best missionary he can. He has great potential. I just need to encourage him and strengthen him every chance I get. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to be able to train again. I know that President Trayner received that inspiration from the Lord. I needed to train so that I can hold myself more accountable for what I'm doing as a servant of the Lord. I've realized that in the last few months that I've had it pretty easy here in Edinburg with the amazing people that we taught and baptized, and now the Lord wants me to work hard to find new ones. I've been realizing more and more how easy it is to be complacent, BUT I remember what President Trayner told me in my last interview that I need to master myself so I can have the success that I want. I know that the reason I'm training right now is to help me do just that.

Yesterday our recent convert Sam had her interview to get her Patriarchal Blessing!! hahaha I was SO stoked when she told me she was going to get it! You'll have to meet her when she comes up to Utah for school! She also invited her mom and Brother to church! And they came!

Brother Harkrider and his son Derek were confirmed yesterday and are officially members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Bro. Harkrider was confirmed by his fellow-shipper,  Bro.Grimaldo, and I had the opportunity of confirming Derek which I did in English so he could understand. Then later in Priesthood meeting Bro. Harkrider received the Priesthood and became a Priest. He's going to be a great leader in the Church someday!

Our investigator Ana has taken a few steps in the wrong direction this last week. This week she told us that she wasn’t sure about her baptismal date. She hasn’t been connected too well with all of the invitations that we've given her, not because she doesn’t want to, but I think because she doesn’t really understand the significance of what we're teaching her. This week we've decided to teach her the Restoration again and help her to open up and apply it more to herself.

We've found some pretty cool investigators this week as well and received some good referrals so hopefully next week we'll have even more good news for you all! Sorry this is so short but I'm outta time! I love you all so much!

-Elder Jordan Stewart!

PS tell Trent hi for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment