Monday, October 1, 2012

Letter 64


10/1/12

Hey Everyone!  Sorry I don’t have a lot of time to write so I'll try my darndest to get everything in that I can!
Oh and just make sure you lay down the ground rules with those missionaries. (the missionaries are moving into our basement apartment) Stay in touch with the mission office if there are any problems you can call them. But I think that’s pretty cool. Try to go out with them! Keep them in line though... don’t put up with crap.
ps they wont appreciate the theatre room next door... haha
This wee we had Zone Conference! President Trayner gave an awesome training on the Book of Mormon and focused on the 3 Witnesses and had a mock trial with them stating their testimonies. Its so amazing all 3 of the witnesses at one time left the church but never denied their testimonies of the divinity of the Book of Mormon or that they had seen an angel! I learned a lot of things that are really going to help me with the area especially focusing on the amazing power that the Book of Mormon has in the conversion of our investigators. I have seen in my mission that those people that have truly been converted are the ones that fall in love with the Book of Mormon and know that it is true. Everything comes easier when investigators gain a testimony of that divine book.
At Zone Conference, President was persuaded to let us all know right there about transfers! SO...... he told E. Eggli that he was moving to Harlingen to be with my old comp. E. Leiva, and then I asked him who my new companion is going to be and he proceeded to tell me that.........(drum roll)....................(hold on to your testimonies).............. I will be TRAINING again. hahaha so... this week I'll receive my second son. My first born in the wilderness. I'm excited for another opportunity to train! haha I was pretty darn surprised when President told me, but I am grateful for the challenge and hope I can help this new missionary have a good experience in the mission. I loved working with E. Eggli and I learned a lot about patience, humility, and love from him. He is a great missionary and I know he prepared me to train again this transfer. I also got to see my first born Elder Curletti and some other comps at the conference and that was really awesome.

The Harkriders were baptized yesterday! It was a beautiful service and the spirit was felt so strongly. Derek (the 10 yr old son) was sick at church that morning and had to go home to rest, so we were afraid that he wouldn’t be able to make it to the service, but everything worked out ok and Elder Eggli and I had the opportunity to perform the ordinances. I baptized Derek and Elder Eggli baptized Bro.Harkrider. . The Ward was really supportive and it turns out that Bro.Harkrider is good friends with Bishop Mask in McAllen and he is a great support as well. They're all set up with home teachers and are looking like they'll progress to the Temple in a year. Great family of KINGDOM BUILDERS!
This week our goals suffered a little bit due to some random service projects that we got volunteered for and a lot of appointments that got cancelled. The Camacho family doesn’t seem to want to progress and it was really hard to meet with them this week as well as Julio, our YSA investigator. But E. Eggli and I found some great potential investigators this week and I'm planning on working with some LA and PM families that we've found. I know that the Lord will bless us. Me and my son will have a lot of work to do though.
I hope you all have a great week! Pray that the Lord will bless me here in Edinburg!
-Elder Jordan Stewart
PS That’s so nuts that Trent is going HOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment