Monday, October 8, 2012

Letter 65


10/8/12

Hello Ya'll!

Conference was pretty nuts right!? Can you believe that news about the ages for new missionaries!? Madi and Meg I would deeply encourage you to consider and pray about serving a mission. It is the BEST thing that you could do in your lives right now and it will prepare you for the REST of your lives. Just to let you know mom I get to see every session of conference. We're required to go…and besides I wouldn’t have missed it for the world! I was even suuuper sick yesterday but I still went to the Sunday Session (I've been sick for the last 2 days but its ok! I'm not too sick not to work. Its just a little head cold and its starting to clear up already). I loved all the talks and I can’t believe how much I took that sacred time for granted while I was home. To think that living prophets and apostles of God speak to us today and tell us what our Heavenly Father wants us to know is unbelievable! We are so blessed to have that! Just as if Moses was speaking to the Children of Israel or Peter or Paul were talking to the Primitive Church we have the opportunity to hear real living servants of the Lord. What could be more important? I hope you all got a chance to sit and learn from the Conference and that we all can take the counsel given to us to be true disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.

My new companion’s name is Elder Williams. He's from Vancouver, WA and he is super cool. He reminds me a lot of my old comp Elder Payne. The first few days he was a little bit nervous but he's loosening up and getting to know the area. I know we are going to do really well together. The rest of the apartment is the same so Elder Aguilar and Elder Wilding are still with us!

Ana is doing well. We couldn't meet with her really this week because she lost her phone and we couldn’t schedule an appointment but she was able to watch some of Conference and she thought it was "very interesting" I hope that is a good thing! haha I guess Elder Williams will get a chance to talk to her this next week and help her progress more.

Other than that we aren't working with too many people. We're trying to work smart by going by Recent Converts and Less Active or Part Member families. We found a lot of new potential investigators but we couldn’t sit down with any of them to have a lesson. Hopefully this week they'll turn into new investigators and will progress.

That’s so great that Chase got a job! I was praying for him. Tell him congrats from me... if he doesn’t read this... I don’t know if he does or not. Do people actually read these letters....? Oh and yes I did get that package from Grandma with that roll of mini notes! I LOVED it! I will keep that forever! I loved what everyone wrote and I'm so happy to know that I have such a great family.

I don’t know what else to write... I can’t remember what you wrote.... I'm probably going to be sending you that package sometime soon. I don’t know how much it will cost because it’s gonna be big. So don’t get mad if its expensive...

I love you and hope you all have a great week!

-Elder Jordan Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment