Sunday, November 27, 2011

Letter 22


November 14, 2011

To my amazing family and friends,

I never knew those two Elders that lost their lives last Tuesday in my Mission, but I know that they were good missionaries and they didn’t do anything wrong. I know now more than ever that The Plan of Salvation is real. We have a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior, and all that they want is for us to come back home safely. They have provided a plan for us to do this. A loving plan. A perfect plan. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. I know that he paid the price for all of us so that we can return to Him. He has paid the price for Elder Strong and Elder Walker and they are with Him. I know with all of my heart that these things are true.
But, these experiences really do let us see just how fragile life is. Just how easily relationships can be severed. Tell the people that you love that you love them. Show them. Don't wait. President Monson quoting William Shakespeare said, "Those do not love that do not show their love." He also said, "Never let a problem to be solved be greater than a person to be loved." Please follow this wise counsel from the Lord's prophet. I love all of you. That is the first thing that I thought of when I heard about this incident. But I know they are ok. I know that their families will be ok. Now it’s time to learn and grow and move forward.

I knew Elder Harris. He was in the MTC with me but not in my district. He is a very strong guy and he will be fine too. He has a very strong testimony and this experience made it stronger. He is smiling all the way through it.

I also know Sis. Porter’s nephew here. He’s a really cool kid. I love him. I haven’t seen him since I got to Laredo but he's good too. I didn’t hear about that other thing.

I am wearing my helmet everywhere I go... even into appointments.... haha nah just kidding. But on my bike... Yes.

District Conference was really good. We just had 3 of the zones in our Chapel for the meeting with Elder Zivic. He's a really funny guy. I learned a lot. He challenged our Zone to do the Purification Challenge, which is basically just submitting your will to the mission 100% getting rid of all the things that can distract you. I'll do my best. 

Yeah I totally got the package... I just need to pick it up at the post office. I wasn’t there when it came so... Yeah. Looking forward to that. Thanks.

Madi is growing up too fast huh mom.... I know... weird. Pretty soon all your youngest kids will be out of the house and your two oldest will still be there. hahahaha! Couldn’t help it. I love you!!

I will buy as much safety equipment as I can. I think the members here are going to help us out. Our Branch Mission Leader, Brother Zuniga, is going to hook us up with a bunch of lights. So don’t worry!! I love you!

-Elder Stewart!!

PS. I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment