Saturday, November 5, 2011

Letter 18


October 17, 2011

Hola!
I’m really sorry about last weeks short letter... I was just a little rushed that’s all. If I didn’t have a girlfriend before the mission how the heck am I going to get one out here? Anyway... I’m sorry.

No I haven’t gained any weight. Which surprises me because I eat Tortillas ALL the time and they're basically just LARD and flour. But I guess I just have a fast metabolism or something. The bike and hot weather help too haha. I still look the same.

The reason I don’t send pictures here on the computer is because it will crash the whole server if I try. AND it hasn’t even worked for me yet so... no I’m sorry. I WILL get you some though. I’m thinking about sending a little package with pictures and other things I don’t need in there. What do you think? I think yes.

We've been getting into buying scented candles for our apartment, which is nice.

I've only been in the back of a truck once... and it was an emergency and it won’t happen again! I’m sorry... how the heck did you even know that....?  The tires are great. I swear I’ve said that like 2 times now. I run through thorn patches for fun now.

On P-days we come and do mail and then we play a sport (baseball, basketball, etc.) then we get our groceries. We have a washer and dryer in the apartment. And doing laundry is really easy... just found that out.

Yep I got grandma’s package. She is the best. I miss huggin’ my Grandma! LOVE YOU!! You too Grandpa! haha The truth is I don’t get a lot of letters from anyone... then again I haven’t had a lot of time to write anyone else (sorry Carmen!) but I will be better at that. I usually just look forward to the letter with all my friends letters. I love hearing from Rick! What a guy... I miss him! haha And Trent too he's a stud missionary over there in Iowa! I have been blessed with such great friends! Can I get Tanner's letters now too please? Thank you.

Do you need to buy and international stamp to send letters to Canada and Brazil? Or can you just put a bunch of regular stamps on there and call it good? because I really want to write Richie and Rick but I don’t know... so.... help me please haha.

Sundays: We go to Church (hopefully with investies), go to all the classes (sometimes we have to teach: Elder Wood taught Gospel Principles, I was the scribe!), eat lunch, then go out to work. I think I've told you that too before... You need to read my letters better! haha jk jk jk.

I can't Skype for Christmas. Sorry haha. BUT I can still call so... yeah. That’s cool. Austin am I still getting a Blake Griffin Jersey?

Transfers are happening at the end of this month after Halloween. Elder Peterson (Elder Hunts companion) is going home. I think that the rest of us in the apartment will stay another Transfer. I sure hope so too! Elder Wood and I started off with some really weak investies, but now I think we're hitting our stride and we can pull some good things out this next transfer.

The other day we met a couple walking their kid who are pretty cool. Estella who is the mom is the coolest though, mostly because her husband is "Atheist". She was raised Catholic but some stuff went down with her Grandparents and she was kinda turned off of church because of it. She said that she's just taking a "break".  BUT she told us she is interested in anything that brings families together. Hmmmm... I think we could help. After only like 2 short conversations we're basically best buds haha she invited us to her Halloween party, her daughter's birthday party, and to watch The Office. haha unfortunately we had to say no to The Office. Maybe next time....? No haha jk. She's cool though. I'll keep you updated.

Elder Wood and I had a pretty good finding week this week. We found like 3 other solid people besides Estella. I'm really excited and expect good things to come.  Sorry if I didn’t answer all of your questions but I do need to write Presidente Trayner!

Les amo muchisimo!!

-Elder Jordan Thorpe Stewart (Jord, Jordy, Jordypants, Chubs, The Thorpido, Jake Steel, etc.)

Funny story: Elder Wood and I were bikin’ down the street minding our own business when we see this guy coming towards us on a bike the opposite way. He was waving his hand around and so I thought he wanted us to move over, so I moved to the right side of the sidewalk. But the guy still stays like right in the middle of the sidewalk! He was going to hit us! So I swerved off into some grass and hit a rock. As the guy passed by we heard him yellin, "Virgin de Guadalupe! Santa Maria!" hahahahaha oh my gosh it was funny. What a jerk. Elder Wood wanted to chase him yelling,"Jose Smith!!" hahahaha but we didn’t... well there you go. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment